Street Corner Homicide Investigation Series – Volume 1: The Reluctant Witness
- March 11, 2019
A unique homicide investigation series focused primarily on the outdoor homicide, where physical evidence directly linking a suspect is lacking and motives tend to be more spontaneous. “The Reluctant Witness” focuses on:
- Enhanced interviewing and canvassing techniques.
- The importance of the witness interview to provide context and value to physical evidence.
- Systematic evaluation of the veracity of witness accounts.
- Motive identification for untruthful witness statements and techniques to overcome.
- Securing a meaningful statement by using the concept of The Tipping Point.
- Concepts unique to the outdoor homicide such as Description Deficit, Collateral Canvass, and Informational Span of Control.
If you have questions, call 609-652-4342 or email Vance.Mattis[email protected].