PTC Certified Humane Law Enforcement Officer (HLEO) Waiver Training for Police and County Investigators
- September 17 – 20, 2018
- October 29 – November 1, 2018
In order to hold the position of Humane Law Enforcement Officer all police officers and county investigators must be certified by the Police Training Commission. This four-day training program meets the waiver requirements established by the Police Training Commission for Police Officers and County Investigators who have been appointed as County or Municipal Humane Law Enforcement Officers.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Role and Responsibility of a HLEO, ACO, Agriculture, Wildlife and Health
- Cults and Animal Cruelty
- Blood Sports -Dog and Cock Fighting Including RICO Prosecutions
- Animal Cruelty Statutes N.J.S.A.Title 4
- Civil Matters
- Animal Cruelty Investigations
- Observation and Perception
- Identifying, Collecting and Preserving Evidence
- Rules of Evidence
- Search of Buildings and Grounds
- Veterinarian and Other Reports
- Voluntary Surrender of Animals
- Animal Hoarding
- Animal Behavior and Traits Including Why Animals Lash Out
- Common Equipment
- Certified Pet First Aid
The 4-day course will be held at the Morris County Public Safety Training Academy on September 17 through 20, 2018. Classes will be held from 9:00AM to 5:00PM each day. The cost of the course is $389.00 per person.
Apply using the Academy Standard Form.
For further information regarding certification, course content, or other questions please contact the Career Development Institute at 1-732-821-6997 or www.cditraining.org.