Humane Law Enforcement Officer (HLEO) Waiver Training
- February 24-27, 2020
In order to hold the position of Humane Law Enforcement Officer all police officers and county investigators must be certified by the Police Training Commission. This four day training program meets the waiver requirements established by the Police Training Commission for Police Officers and County Investigators who have been appointed as County or Municipal Humane Law Enforcement Officers.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Role and Responsibility of a HLEO, ACO, and the Departments of Agriculture, Wildlife and Health
- Cults and Animal Cruelty
- Blood Sports -Dog and Cock Fighting including RICO Prosecutions
- Animal Cruelty Statutes N.J.S.A.Title 4
- Civil Matters
- Animal Cruelty Investigations
- Observation and Perception
- Identifying, Collecting and Preserving Evidence
- Rules of Evidence
- Search of Buildings and Grounds
- Veterinarian and Other Reports
- Voluntary Surrender of Animals
- Animal Hoarding
- Animal Behavior and Traits Including Why Animals Lash Out
- Common Equipment
- Pet First Aid
The 4-day PTC Certified Humane Law Enforcement Officer Waiver Course for Police and County investigators will be held at the Morris County Police Academy located at 500 West Hanover Ave. Parsippany NJ 07054 from February 24 through 27, 2020. Classes will be held from 9:00AM to 5:00PM each day. The cost of the course is $389.00 per person.
Apply using the Academy Standard Form.
Questions relating to registration can be directed to the Morris County Police Academy at 856-374-4950.
In addition, agencies must submit a PTC-15 Waiver of Training Request to the PTC prior to enrolling all appointee’s in the course. When submitting a PTC-15 for a retired officer, please include a letter from the agency of retirement which states the officer retired in good standing and date of retirement.
Purchase orders should be made payable to Career Development Institute, PO Box 5024, Kendall Park, NJ, 08824 at the time of registration.
For further information regarding payment, certification and course content please contact Career Development Institute at 1-732-821-6997.