- October 29 – November 19, 2018
The course of study for Fire Inspector certification will consist of planned pattern of instruction and experiences designed to meet the “New Jersey Standards.” The course will provide at least 90 contact hours of instruction not including examination and support time. The course will follow the guidelines of N.J.A.C. 5:71 – 4-9. In order to establish eligibility for certification as a Fire Inspector, applicants shall demonstrate competence by successfully completing the written exam provided by the New Jersey Division of Fire Safety.
Class size: Minimum 5 students – Maximum 20 students
Textbooks will NOT be provided. Prior to class, students must purchase the required textbooks, Code books and support material listed below. Students will also need to purchase a USB flashdrive for the first night of class. Be advised, that the textbook and the IFC Fire Code can take up to four weeks to be delivered.
To be purchased prior to class:
- Current copy of the NJ Uniform Fire Code with all current updates available from the NJ Division of Fire Safety
- The 2006 International Fire Code – NJ Edition – Available from the International Code Council
- The 2015 International Fire Code – NJ Edition – Available from the International Code Council
- The 7th Edition of IFSTA manual Fire Inspection and Code Enforcement
To be purchased on the first night of class:
- A standard USB flashdrive is required to be purchased. This flashdrive has various support documents that are necessary for the program and will cost between $5.00 and $10.00 dollars. Cash only.
- NJ Fire Code: The New Jersey State Fire Code will be available for purchase the first night of class. The book must be paid for on the first evening of class. Please bring a blank check.