Starting Times for Classes
Weekday Night Classes start @ 7:30pm
Saturday & Sunday Classes start @ 8:00am
Registration and Confirmation
- Registration will close two weeks prior to start date.
- All registrations are confirmed by the date of receipt and should be returned to the department within 10 business days.
- All students must receive confirmation.
- Failure to receive confirmation will prevent student from attending the class.
- Registrations can be sent electronically using our web site. If there is a pre-requisite required, proof of that class must be mailed to the academy.
The County of Morris requires all users of the Morris County Public Safety Training Academy to have and maintain the following insurance coverages in effect while using the Academy.
Commercial General Liability insurance with limits covering bodily injury, including death and property damage limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence. Any aggregate limit must be $3,000,000. The insurance policy must be endorsed to name the County of Morris, its elected and appointed officials, employees and volunteers are additional insured’s for the period of usage of the training Academy.
Commercial Automobile Liability insurance covering the vehicles owned by the organization using the training academy must cover any auto and have limits of $1,000,000 per accident limits for bodily injury, including death and property damage.
Workers Compensation insurance must be provided to cover all participants of the applicant while at the training academy, in accordance with the New Jersey State Statute for workers compensation.
PRIOR TO USE OF THE ACADEMY, a Certificate of Insurance must be provided to the Academy Administration office showing the above coverages including the dates of coverage, policy numbers and the name of the insurance company. The certificate must also state that the County of Morris, its elected and appointed officials, employees and volunteers are additional insureds. The Certificate of Insurance shall be reviewed by the Office of Risk Management for compliance and approval.
- No refunds will be issued for failure to attend the course.
- Refunds will be issued only if cancellations are made at least two business days prior to the start date of the course.
- Cancellations must be made at least two business days prior to the start of the course so sufficient time is allowed to contact students from the waiting list. All students who do not attend the course – their department will be billed accordingly.
- For E.M.T. courses, check with the individual agency for their refund and cancellation policies.
Check, money orders and vouchers are to be made payable to:
Morris County Public Safety Training Academy
P.O. Box 900 – Courthouse
Morristown, NJ 07963-0900